Thank you for choosing to volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore! The ReStore could not operate without the generous time and talent given by volunteers! ReStore shifts are available as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00am – 2:00pm, 2:00pm – 6:00pm and 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am – 1:00pm and 1:00pm – 5:00pm
All volunteers are required to pass a background check, read our volunteering policy, complete a volunteer orientation (videos found online) and lastly, complete the proper paperwork (paperwork is completed on Volunteer Hub, our online shift scheduling system). There are many different opportunities; check out the options below to see where you fit best!
Check out some of the exciting volunteer options available at both of our Appleton ReStores! ReStore East is located at 3000 E. College Avenue, Appleton, WI 54915 and ReStore West is located at 5402 W Integrity Way, Appleton, WI 54913.
To learn how to become a volunteer*, please contact Lyndi McMullen, ReStore Volunteer Coordinator for Greater Fox Cities Area Habitat for Humanity at LyndiM@foxcitieshabitat.org or call 920-967-8901.
*Some volunteer opportunities require extra training that ReStore provides.
Cashier (M – F: 10-2 and 2-6 | SAT: 9-1 and 1-5 | View full job description)**
- Cashiers must provide excellent customer service by phone and in person
- Answer questions perceptively
- Must be willing and able to enforce all store policies
- Duties include sales, money handling and documentation
- And of course, smiling!
Donation Pickup Volunteer (Truck Drivers and Assistants) (T – S, 8-2 | View full job description)**
- Be familiar with the ReStore’s donation guidelines and be willing to enforce said guidelines in the field
- Must be able to tell a customer, “No, we can’t take that, it doesn’t meet our requirements.” Any questions, complaints or comments can be directed to manager on duty
- Determine most effective route, read maps and navigate for efficiency
- Drive to assigned locations to pick up merchandise being donated to the ReStore
- Drive to deconstruction location so that harvested items can be brought to ReStore or warehouse
- Take items to recycle, assist with deconstruction and assist with warehouse transfers as needed
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Sales Floor (M – F: 10-2 and 2-6 | SAT: 9-1 and 1-5 | View full job description)
- Includes customer service, carry out and merchandising duties
- Smile, greet, and help customers feel welcome
- Help customers find items, measure properly and offer light lifting
- Answer questions and enforce store policies
- Assist customers with loading merchandise in or out of vehicle
- Merchandise donations on shelves on sales floor
Backroom (M – F: 10-2, 2-6, 4-6 | SAT: 9-1 and 1-5 | View full job description)
- Includes donation intake, cleaning and pricing donations
- Help with loading and unloading ReStore truck/Deconstruction truck
- Help to make space in back warehouse
- Stock shelves, merchandise and/or move racking
- Take in donations
- Must be able to lift 50lb
Deconstruction (M – F: 8 – 2 | View full job description)
- We invite anyone 18 years of age or older to come play with us!
- Partial to complete deconstruction of harvestable materials for resale
- Carpentry/construction experience is helpful, but not necessary
- ReStore will provide any necessary on site training and tools
Office Assistant (as needed)
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate extension
- Greet courteously
- Willing to take initiative and be detailed oriented
- Upkeep of office space & other duties as assigned
- Basic computer skills and filing skills are needed