Thank you for choosing to volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore! The ReStore could not operate without the generous time and talent given by volunteers!
Due to the pandemic, we are not seeking new volunteers at this time – stay tuned for updates!
All volunteers are required to pass a background check, read our volunteer guidelines, complete a volunteer orientation (videos found online) and complete the proper paperwork (paperwork is completed on Volunteer Hub, our online shift scheduling system). There are many different opportunities; check out the options below to see where you fit best!
One ReStore, Two Locations!
ReStore East is located at 3000 E. College Avenue, Appleton, WI 54915
ReStore West is located at 5402 W Integrity Way, Appleton, WI 54913
To learn how to become a volunteer*, please contact Amy Christensen, ReStore Volunteer Coordinator for Greater Fox Cities Area Habitat for Humanity at AmyC@foxcitieshabitat.org or call 920-257-6907.
*Some volunteer opportunities require extra training that ReStore provides.
*Cashier (M – F: 10-2 and 2-6 | SAT: 9-1 and 1-5 | View full job description)**
- Cashiers must provide excellent customer service
- Answer questions and assist customers in a friendly, professional manner
- Must be willing and able to enforce all store policies
- Duties include sales, money handling and documentation
*Donation Pickup Volunteer (Truck Drivers and Assistants) (hours vary)| View full job description)**
- Determine most effective route, read maps, and navigate for efficiency
- Drive to assigned locations to pick up merchandise being donated to ReStore
- Drive to deconstruction location so that harvested items can be brought to ReStore or warehouse
- Take items to recycle, assist with deconstruction, and assist with warehouse transfers as needed
- Must be over 21 to drive, over 18 to assist and able to lift 50 lbs
- Be familiar with the ReStore donation guidelines and be willing to enforce said guidelines in the field
- Must be able to tell a customer, “No, we can’t take that, it doesn’t meet our requirements.” Any questions, complaints or comments can be directed to manager on duty
Sales Floor (M – F: 10-2 and 2-6 | SAT: 9-1 and 1-5 | View full job description)
- Includes customer service, carry out and merchandising duties
- Smile, greet, and help customers feel welcome
- Help customers find items, measure properly and offer light lifting
- Answer questions and enforce store policies
- Straighten merchandise donations on shelves on sales floor
Backroom (M – F: 10-2, 2-6| SAT: 9-1 and 1-5 | View full job description)
- Includes donation intake, cleaning, and pricing
- Help with loading and unloading ReStore truck/Deconstruction truck
- Help to make space in back warehouse
- Stock shelves, merchandise, and/or move racking
- Take in donations
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Deconstruction (days vary: 8–2 | View full job description)
- Be part of our team that goes into homes and businesses that will be remodeled or torn down and salvage items that will be sold at ReStore or recycled
- Must be age 18 or over
- Carpentry/construction experience is helpful, but not necessary
- ReStore will provide any necessary on-site training and tools
*Office Volunteer (as needed)
- Duties may include data entry and other computer work, answering phones, assisting staff, and more
- Basic computer skills and filing skills are needed
- Greet customers and assist them with finding items
- Promote current discounts and timely information
- Help greet volunteers arriving for shifts and assist them with signing in
- Promote the mission of Habitat among customers and volunteers