Deconstruction is the process of dismantling by hand in order to salvage usable portions of rooms or buildings, whether you’re planning a simple remodel or removing an entire property. These items are then made available to the public for purchase at the Habitat ReStore.
How Deconstructions work at the Habitat ReStore
- The property owner or their representative(s) contacts the Habitat ReStore.
- Once we establish that there is a product or material appropriate for salvage by the Habitat ReStore, a time is set for the Deconstruction manager to meet with the property owner representative(s) and do a walk-through of the site.
- Once an agreement is made with the property representative(s) as to availability, materials and a timeline, the Deconstruction manager will schedule a volunteer crew to begin its work of deconstruction.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A MINIMUM 10-DAY PROCESSING PERIOD BEFORE PHYSICAL DECONSTRUCTION CAN BEGIN. Please call as soon as possible so your deconstruction can be completed in a safe and timely manner to best fit your needs.
Why Choose Deconstruction?
- Save Money | Tax deductions and reduction of trash hauling and disposal fees will reduce your overall project costs.
- Save Our Environment | Reduce the environmental impact by removing reusable items instead of disposing them in our local landfills.
- Help Our Community | By supplying the ReStore with quality building materials that can be resold to the public, you can help Habitat raise money to offer safe, decent, affordable housing solutions for hard-working families in need in the Fox Cities.
Interested in Having a Deconstruction?
If you or one of your clients would like to discuss a deconstruction, contact Craig Fink at email@example.com or 920-205-1153.
Remember, THERE IS A MINIMUM 10-DAY PROCESSING PERIOD BEFORE PHYSICAL DECONSTRUCTION CAN BEGIN. Please call as soon as possible so your deconstruction can be completed in a safe and timely manner to best fit your needs.
Interested in Volunteering for a Deconstruction?
Contact Habitat ReStore volunteer coordinator for upcoming deconstruction dates at 920-967-8901.