What We Do
Habitat for Humanity knows that a decent, affordable place to live can create a situation where homeowners save more, invest in education, pursue opportunity and have more financial stability.
Families are considered cost-burdened when they pay more than 30 percent of their income for housing. That cost burden makes it difficult to afford necessities such as food, transportation, education and medical care.
Affordable home ownership provides stability and builds equity for families, helping them rise out of poverty.
Fox Cities Habitat is a leader in in providing innovative housing solutions to address the needs specific to low income families in our community:
- For families interested in becoming homeowners: Habitat’s Homebuyer, Almost Home and Rental programs.
- For current homeowners needing critical home preservation and repair services: Habitat’s Home Repair program and Rock the Block.
- For vulnerable neighborhoods and communities – those with decreasing property values and home ownership rates: Rock the Block and Neighborhood Revitalization.
- For the entire community: Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Build: Volunteers and family partners build and repair homes with donated materials and labor.
- Finance: Families pay for their homes or home repairs with affordable financing terms. Habitat receives no profit from the sale and the homeowner pays no interest.
- Reinvest: All mortgage and loan payments are reinvested into Habitat programs to help more families.